Quarantine has got all of us staying up late watching loads of Netflix for the entire night; it is natural to get those hunger pangs when they are not required. Snacks do not need a reason to be enjoyed. You can have them at all times. This is one of the outcomes of our late-night snacking experiments, and it is going to stay forever: The Cheese Garlic Popcorn.
We love the cheese garlic popcorn recipe because the ingredients used in this recipe are readily available at all of our houses and can be easily modified.
- Cheese (50g): We used Mozzarella cheese and the cheese slice, but you can use any cheese you have lying around. We used 50g of cheese for one bowl of these, you can modify it according to your preference. Parmesan also works really great with it.
- Bread (4 slices): We used brown bread, but you can totally switch it up for white bread or multi-grain bread for a healthier option.
- Oil (2 tbsp)
- Garlic (4 cloves): You can always go higher or lower according to your taste.
- Condiments: We used oregano seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper and chilli flakes.
- Salt to taste
Ingredients For the sauce:
- Milk (1 cup)
- Oil (3 tbsp)
- Refined flour/Maida (2 tbsp)
- A pinch of salt
- More cheese
The Procedure For The Cheese Garlic Popcorn:
- Heat your pain for a few minutes first before starting off.
- While your pan is heating, cut your bread slices into tiny cube-like pieces. 1 slice can easily get around 9 pieces.
- Once the pan is hot, toss your bread slices inside and stir for a good 5 minutes, at least or until they become very crispy.
- Set that aside for a while.
- Take the same pan and add a little bit of oil to it and let it heat for some time.
- In the meantime, chop your garlic cloves.
- Roast your garlic in the heated oil until it is a little golden.
- Add your condiments. 1 tbsp of oregano, 1 tbsp of Chilli flakes and a tbsp of black salt and pepper. Roast all of it until all of it turns brown.
- Toss your crispy bread cubes in the mixture and continue stirring until all of it is mixed and the breads are covered in the mixture. Your cheese garlic popcorn will be coming together nicely by now!
The Procedure For The sauce:
- Take a saucepan and add your oil to it and let it heat up for a little bit.
- Add flour to the oil and keep stirring.
- Let the mixture cook for some time and add milk.
- While you are adding your milk, make sure you keep stirring it continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- Keep stirring until the mixture becomes creamy and gooey. Add your cheese and continue stirring. Add salt.
- Now that you have a cheesy mixture, turn off the heat.
- In a few minutes, the cheese garlic popcorn will be ready to pop into your mouth, so try to keep yourself from eating it till the end!
- Take some of the bread cubes in a bowl and add some mozzarella cheese.
- Make another such layer and top it with some more cheese.
- Finally, pour your hot cheesy sauce on top of it and wait until the cheese is melted.
- ENJOY! Your cheese garlic popcorn is ready to be hogged on!
This seems like a lot of steps and a very hectic procedure, but while doing it, it feels nothing. It is actually really simple to make, and it is too damn delicious. You can also try experimenting with Schezwan sauce or mayonnaise or try all of it with Nachos. The possibilities are too many! And if we could come up with a dish as stunning as the cheese garlic popcorn during this lockdown boredom, you can, too.
Definitely, try making the delicious cheese garlic popcorn at home whenever you get tickles for a snack. 10/10 recommended. You would actually fall in love with this and make 100 batches of it, trust us. Do let us know if you liked how it turned out!
ALSO READ- Swizz Desserts You Can’t Miss Out On