These 3-ingredients Oreo truffles are by far the easiest dessert recipes you’ll ever come across with the ingredients you can easily find at your local supermarket. These are suitable for any occasion, be it a last-minute birthday present, holiday treats, or even for your midnight sweet-tooth tickles.
These recipes will show you how to make them at home with almost little to no effort and in two different ways. While the former is supposed to be stored in the refrigerator, you can easily keep the latter at room temperature.
1. Cream Cheese Oreo Truffles
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 1 hour | Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins
- 1 packet (16 ounces) Oreo
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces Melted Chocolate (of your choice)
- Take your Oreos out of the packet and grind them into a fine powder. Alternatively, you can also put your biscuits in a zip lock bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
- Next, you would want to take your cream cheese and fold it in with your ground Oreos. An alternative for this is that if you cannot find cream cheese, you can use cheese cubes that you get in the market. It tastes just as amazing.
- Knead the two into a dough-like consistency. Take a small portion of it (or a big one, depending upon your preferred size) and round them into balls.
- Do this with the entire dough. You can also have fun with the shapes and sizes but make sure they are densely packed.
- Take your baking tray and cover it with a parchment sheet. Place the Oreo truffles you just prepared and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt your chocolates in the microwave. You can choose any chocolate whatsoever. You can even use a double boiler for melting your chocolates. Simply put a glass bowl with chocolate over a pan filled with hot water.
- After refrigeration, take the oreo balls out. With the help of a toothpick or even a dessert fork, dip them into the melted chocolate and ensure that each piece is nicely covered in chocolate.
- Put them back on the parchment sheet and refrigerate for an hour or until the chocolate is solid.
- Drizzle some leftover melted chocolate over them for decoration. You can even put Oreo crumbles over it, looks yum! Your 3-ingredients Oreo truffles are now ready.
2. Condensed Milk Oreo Truffles
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 50 mins
- 1 packet (16 ounces) of Oreos
- ¾ Tin of Condensed milk
- 8 ounces of melted chocolate
- Crush your biscuits in a grinder or within a zip lock bag.
- Now, instead of cheese, pour the condensed milk little by little and not in one go. Make sure you are mixing it continuously.
- Knead it into a dough and round them into balls. Do it quickly as the dough gets dry and crumbly very easily. Since these are sweeter, it is recommended that you make smaller balls than the cream cheese ones.
- Place them on top of a plate lined with butter paper and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Simultaneously, melt your chocolate in the microwave or on a double boiler.
- Once your truffles are refrigerated, take them out and dip them in the chocolates using a fork. Freeze them again for 10 mins and tada! You’re ready to dive into these simple and delicious 3-ingredients Oreo truffles.
These might look a little intimidating with so many steps, but practically, they are simple to make, and you won’t even complain after you take your first bite. Even if you mess up, who cares? Just eat the batter. It’s too yum in itself, haha. You’ll eventually reach perfection with the right amount of practice.
Do try these 3-ingredients Oreo truffles and share them with your friends and family! Let us know if you about your experience when trying them out.
Read Also: Revamp Your Tiramisu In 15 Brilliant Ways